After much consideration I decided to go against adding the sweetened condensed milk like most recipes called for. I used frosting and whipped cream instead. The cake turned out great and was slightly similar to an ice cream cake except without the ice cream. (I’m sure adding ice cream would make it great as well.) This cake tasted of chocolate and sweet goodness, and if you like Butterfinger candy, you are sure to like this cake.
Here are the ingredients I used:
1 box super moist white cake mix (chocolate cake mix is really good too)
1 and a half cans of cream cheese frosting
1 tub of whipped cream
12 mini Butterfinger bars
1. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package instructions in two 8 or 9 inch round baking pans.
2. Put Butterfingers in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Set aside. (I didn’t have plastic bags so a made a pocket out of parchment paper instead.)
3. Let cakes cool completely after baking and then remove them from pans.
4. Slice both of the cakes in half using a cake leveler.
4. Place one layer of cake on a stand or round plate and frost the top and sides with cream cheese frosting.
5. Then add a layer of whipped cream on top of the frosting and sprinkle crushed Butterfinger on top of that.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until the cake is complete.
7. Make sure frosting covers the entire cake.
8. Coat the frosting with a layer of cool whip and sprinkle the top of the cake with the remaining crushed Butterfinger. Refrigerate before eating.
9. Enjoy!




No comments:
Post a Comment